Sunday, September 14, 2008

Reading Journal 3: Diary of Anne Frank

okay so i started to read this super awesome book called Diary of Anne Frank, which a lot of you have probably already heard of or even read. well i am just now reading it and i think its totally awesome so far! im at the part where Anne and her family have to go into hiding because they are jewish. its pretty rough because Anne has a life where she lives and its being completely changed just because people are hating on her because of her religion. i've never really experienced anything like this, but it, for some reason, reminds me of how a lot of my friends make fun of me and call me a nerd just because i go to High Tech. like they assume that im a certain way because of the school i go to kind of like how just because Anne's jewish, somethings wrong with even though she's just a normal teenager with normal feelings like a teen from any other religion. i dont feel thats it fair for her to have to go in hiding because of who she is. like if there was a group of people who wanted to kill all Christians, I'd be really sad and upset that people would be afraid of me just because of my religion. well i am liking this book a lot so far and i will keep on posting as i get further along!!

-mallory :)

No comments: