Thursday, September 11, 2008

Interview 2: Michelle

Michelle’s interview:

Do you know anyone that immigrated? If yes, then from where did he/she immigrate? - Yes, many kids from my school emigrated from Mexico

If you could immigrate anywhere in the world, where would you immigrate and why? - France because of the beautiful old history that lies within the streets

What would you do if you could help and/or change immigration in America?- I would help immigrants who are in need and willing to serve our country for the better, be able to come American citizens

How do you feel that illegal immigrants are impacting/or not impacting your community and/or the US? - I feel that we have a lot of illegal immigrants who are not bettering the society but we have some illegal immigrants who are working for the wealth of America

Have you immigrated from somewhere? How old were you? What were thoughts then? - no

Are you related to any immigrants? If so, where are they from? - Yes, my grandma, my grandpa, and my other grandpa

Do you like immigrants who come to our country? - personally I would like immigrants to come to our country if they made it a better place to be

Do you think illegal immigrants should have any rights? Why or why not? - I feel that it should be easier and faster for illegal immigrants to become American citizens and therefore once they are American citizens have all common rights

Why do you think illegal immigrants come here? - Illegal immigrants migrate to the US because they are searching for freedom, and a stronger sense of fair government. And for the opportunity to help rule the country you live in

How would you feel if there was no border? - I would feel very unsafe. We need borders and governments to control the population and safety or our country

Do you feel everybody is an immigrant? Why? - Yes because I feel that no one truly fits in and no ones truly normal and in America were very diverse in race

If you were an immigrant, how would your life be different?- my life would be less settle and sure I would never feel like u truly belong I would feel alienated but I also might feel that I truly made a change for myself for the better

What do you think about the border patrol? - I believe that border patrol is necessary because many immigrants want to migrate to the US and we need to filter who we let through. Ex- the border patrol need to catch terrorist, drug sellers, and people who are not going to better our country

When you hear the phrase “jumping the border,” what come to mind? - I think of people in a desperate for social reform and political change

Do you think illegal immigrants should be deported? - I think that illegal immigrants that are not helping our country achieve a higher standard should be deported

No comments: