Sunday, October 12, 2008

Reading Journal 7: Dead Girls Don't Write Letters

Wow. This week i started reading a book called "Dead Girls Don't Wrote Letters". Can you imagine one of your siblings dying, and then writing you a letter saying that they'll be coming into town soon? That's what this book is all about.

A 14 year old girl named Sunny gets a letter from her 'dead' sister saying that she was alive, and that she would be coming into town. Sunny wasn't very happy because she didn't like her sister. When the news that her sister had died was revealed, she was the only one who was secretly happy about it. Can you imagine being happy for your siblings death?! Well Sunny was. I guess her sister was REALLY mean to her, i mean there has to be a reason for such a strong dislike towrd a sibling right?

Well the day that Sunny's older sister, Jasmine or Jazz, came home after her 'death', Sunny could see that it was NOT really her sister. If that ever happened to me, where after I had heard that my sieter was dead, then got a letter from her saying that she's alive, then her coming home and it's NOT her, WOW I would feel sooooo sad because just the death akine of my sister would make me feel so sad, and then an imposter coming in and prwteding to be the sister that i once had and loved?! That would really cut my heart. Same with my brothers or my other sister, I would be devastated if someone EVER tried to be them. Also, i can't imagine anyone ever looking like any of my siblings enough for me to even consider them being one of my siblings. I, like Sunny, would probably know too if there was someone pretending to be one of my siblings, because all of them are so great and unique that I don't think there's any human being that could ever portray them enough to make me believe that it could really be them.

Well, thats my reflection on the book so far, I can't wait to finish it!

Hasta La Vista, BABY :)

-mallory :)

1 comment:

tzlbonilla said...

wOw.
IT LOOKS LIKE A GOOD BOOK.
creepy somehow.
well anyways,who's the author?