Sunday, October 5, 2008

Reading Journal 6: Sad story but yet, happy

This week i read story about a 14 year old girl and how she fell in love.
She had met a nice guy at a Halloween party and started to talk to him a lot.
She liked him so much that she started to fall in love.
Unfortunately, her home situation was really bad and she had been raped multiple times by her step-father. Although her mother knew this, she still allowed the man to live in her house.
When the girls mom found out that she was dating, she was very abusive of her, so was her step-father. Reading this story really made me think about hoe blessed I am to have such an awesome family who really cares about me and treats me like a princess compared to the way the girl in the story was treated. I feel that no kid should be treated the way that this girl in the story was treated. They should have a chance to live a life that is free of abuse. I also feel sad to know that they're are young girls around the world be treated this way, and worse.

-mallory :)

No comments: