Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Reading Journal 10: Divas

Today i went to Border's. I love borders. There's so many amazing stories on the pages of books in there. Well, my dad was of course going through the sales books bin and came across a book that he thought i might find interesting. Turns out, i do. :)

Today i started reading a book called Divas:Diamond. This book is about four 15 year old girls who love to sing gospel MUSIC. This book is in the perspective of one of the 4 best friends, Diamond. From what I've read so far, I feel that I am a lot like her. She is definitely the 'leader of the crew' and is considered a "Drama Queen", a trait which I have been told on many ocassions that I tend to have.

The cool think about this book, is that it's based off of the perspective of 4 black girls, which is unlike any book I've ever read so I'm pretty excited to read it and understand or experience more the other half of myself. :)

-mallory :)

No comments: